Massage for Fertility
What is Massage for Fertility
If you have been trying to conceive you will know how much it takes its toll on you, both emotionally and physically. You may have been trying naturally to conceive or gone through the channels of IVF. Either way, the longer this cycle of trying goes on, the more your mind can panic emotionally, sending you into overwhelm and distress. When trying to conceive, the physical body and hormones are tested, examined, poked and prodded, your BMI, weight and age is recorded and your physical body is relied on to get you pregnant. However very little is paid to the emotional side of your journey and this can be the biggest key to falling pregnant. The pressure and expectations to conceive can be cripplingly stressful and this is where fertility massage can be of great assistance.
Fertility Massage Therapy
Fertility Massage Therapy is a deep, yet gentle and non-invasive therapy that works by bringing the organs within the abdominal area back into alignment, releasing pressure and strengthening the surrounding muscles and ligaments.
Some of the Benefits of Fertility Massage
- Fertility Massage Therapy aims to reposition your internal abdominal organs, including the uterus, as the positioning of your uterus helps optimize your chances for fertilization and implantation.
- Improves organ function by releasing physical & emotional congestion from the abdomen.
- Improves circulatory, lymphatic and nervous systems by encouraging more blood flow to reproductive and pelvic organs by resolving any congestion and misalignment to these organs.
- Helps to tone and strengthen the uterus and surrounding ligaments to optimize fertilization and implantation.
- Breaks down scar tissue or adhesions surrounding reproductive, digestive & pelvic organs which improves organ function & health.
- Helps to subdue the parasympathetic nervous system & induce rest & relaxation, which is always welcome.
When to Have Fertility Massage
- If you are trying to conceive unassisted, the ideal time to have fertility massage is the end of menses to ovulation. This is commonly from day 7 to day 14 of your cycle.
- If you are undergoing fertility assistance with IUI the ideal time for fertility massage is from menses to ovulation & insemination and with IVF then the ideal time for fertility massage is from suppression of your cycle to embryo transfer is recommended, as long as no tenderness is felt.
1516 Main Street, Suite 104
Ramona, CA 92065
Tuesday & Thursday
8:30 am - 2:00 pm
3:30 pm - 7:00 pm
8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Friday, Saturday & Monday
by appointment only